By launching a theatre festival curated from the impulses of some of Seattle’s best artists, performed by a repertory company of actors, in a model that is sustainable and flexible, Intiman Theatre intends to break new ground while also honoring its 40-year history. This approach gives artists an authorial stake in their work, and allows for a yearly cycle that is healthy for artistic and institutional development. Launched in 2012, this will be the new model for Intiman, and we look forward to bursting out in theatrical life every summer.
Intiman Theatre produces theatre that is relevant to our time and as diverse as the community in which we live.
Who We Are
Intiman creates theatre. Extraordinary theatre. Working here encourages us to be a part of something greater than ourselves. In our pursuit for excellence, each of us draws upon certain strengths and characteristics nurtured within this diverse community.
- Collaboration: The success of our art is a result of many hands, hearts and minds working together to realize a single vision.
- Agility: We are prepared to embrace the unexpected, leap into the breach, and search relentlessly for new paths towards artistic mastery.
- Risk Taking: We produce remarkable theatre because we risk more than is safe, care more than is wise, dream more than is practical and expect more than is possible.
- Integrity: In reaching new heights of creativity, our footing is made solid by unquestioned trust, honesty and mutual respect.
- Perspective: Our community thrives because we are acutely aware of the world around us and able to be honest in exploring the complexities of our time.
- Spirit: Energy and humor are essential in the creative process and infuse extraordinary vitality in our work.
- Passion: We are driven by an inner fire, focused by a desire to be part of the creative process. We believe in the power of art.